While you wait for your 1-on-1 resume critique, we have several activities designed to help you build powerful self marketing tools.
Activity 1 - Self-Serve Resume & Cover Letter
This quick presentation will give you some simple tips about your resume and cover letter.
Activity 2 - Business Cards
Business cards are one of the most important marketing tools that young professionals such as yourself should be equipped with. To get you started, follow the steps below and we will print you 10 professional business cards free of charge.
1. Go to http://www.businesstemplatesgo.com/business-card-templates.html and select one template of your liking.
2. Download the Microsoft Word Compatible (.doc) template to the desktop. It will download as a zip file. You will have to unzip it to get the template.
3. Personalize the document.
4. There will be a staff member circulating with a USB. Save it to the USB and make sure the file is named with your first and last name.
5. Pick up your business cards with your name tag at the Registration Table tomorrow morning (Thursday, May 3rd).
Activity 3 - Photo Station
A professional picture makes your LinkedIn profile complete. Get your head shot taken with our photographer, Sandra.*
Photographs from yesterday's photo station are live! To download your individual picture(s), please click to enlarge the image, and then save. Make sure to view the entire gallery as some of you have multiple shots. Enjoy!
Your photos are available here.
*Please note that by having your photo taken, you grant the Academic Advising & Career Centre permission to upload your photos to an online gallery that will be distributed to participants who attended Hire Power, as well as the AA&CC staff.